Internet Use and Access to Networked Information Resources
The network is provided for students to conduct research and complete school assignments. Access to networked information resources and services will be provided to students who agree to act in a responsible manner.
To ensure the proper use of technology, the staff will provide developmentally appropriate guidance to students as they make use of telecommunications and electronic information resources to conduct research and other studies related to the school curriculum. All students will be informed by staff of their rights and responsibilities as users of any district network prior to gaining access to that network, either as an individual user or as a member of a class or group.
- Students may use the Internet and access networked information resources only if they have been granted permission and have submitted all required forms.
- Permission is not transferable and may not be shared.
- Parents may revoke their child’s access at any time by notifying the school in writing.
- Students are responsible for good behavior on school computer networks just as they are in a classroom or a school hallway.
- All school rules for student conduct and communications apply.