The Transportation Department is tasked with one of the most important missions in our school system: To provide safe, efficient transportation for the students of Pickens County.
The professional drivers and monitors of this department operate on 60 routes throughout the county, traveling an average of 2500 miles each day. This could not be accomplished without the ongoing efforts of our support staff and the "heart of our machine", our mechanical staff. Working as a team to ensure "Graduation and Life Preparation for All", this department will continue to keep the wheels turning on one of Americas most recognizable icons... the Big Yellow School Bus.
Pickens County Schools chooses VersaTrans e-link for their student transportation online information system (STOIS). The VersaTran STOIS utilizes the latest routing technology to maintain accurate and up-to-date bus routing information. VersaTrans Solutions is a transportation software and services provider to school districts in North America. They develop and support superior routing, redistricting, GPS fleet tracking, fleet maintenance, and field trip planning software that benefit pupil transportation departments and school administrators alike.
|Tracy Allday||Bus Shop & Fleet Supervisorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ginger Grimmett||Trainer/Field Trip Coordinatoremail@example.com|
Student Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- Beginning with the 2013-2014 school year, students riding any Pickens County School System bus will not be allowed to ride any bus other than their regularly assigned bus for AM pick up & PM drop off. Upon enrolling/registering a student, parents must complete a Transportation Request Form indicating the AM & PM drop off point. These two locations may be different and could be on different buses. However, the AM & PM stops must be in the school district in which the parent/guardian resides.
- Students under the age of 9 and students who ride a special needs bus will not be allowed to exit the bus unless the bus driver can see that a caregiver is home.
- If a situation arises so that a parent will not be home to receive an underage child, the child will be placed in the after school program. Parents will be responsible for the cost of the daily rate of the after school program.
- If the bus driver returns a student to school due to a parent of an underage child not being at the stop, the child will be placed in the after school program and the parent charged the daily rate of the after school program. After the fourth event of no one receiving the underage child at their designated stop and the child is returned to the school, the proper authorities will be contacted.
- Students will not be allowed to go home with other students or get on or off at any stop other than their assigned AM and/or PM stop.
- Changes to the AM and/or PM stop designated at the beginning of school will be allowed only for a change of residence. Parents must complete a Change Request Formand allow the Pickens County Schools Transportation Department 3-5 school days to make the change.